1.28.2009

My Grief Declaration

I am Zoquea Latifolia Ch’Olan Ch’Lily Ch’Nuphar Ch’Brasenia Ch’Lemna Ch’Cerato Ch’Myrio Ch’Typha An’Nymphaea An’Scirpus An’Demersum An’Schreberi An’Lacustrine.

The Ch’ indicates I am a child of, the An’ indicates I am an ancestor of or part of that Tribe.

I am of the Spore Clan.

I have eight that have raised me. They are Olan An’Lacustrine, Lily An’Schreberi, Nuphar
An’Demersum, Brasenia An’Nymphaea, Lemna An’Scirpus, Cerato An’Lacustrine, Myrio An’Schreberi, Typha An’Nymphaea.

I have twenty one siblings.

I am Yazatas. My home is Lethe among the Ancients of Sedu's Cradle Valley, near the most sacred of all places - Sedu's Gate.

The Gate that was attacked by the creep virus, sent by the Sons of Sorrow.
Those Ancients for ten square miles are dead.
Typha An’Nymphaea, sister of Brasenia, my aunt is dead.
Brasenia An’Nymphaea, sister of Typha, my aunt is dead.
Myrio An’Schreberi, my mother Lily's brother, my uncle is dead.
Cerato An’Lacustrine, my father Olan's brother, my uncle is dead.
Olan An’Lacustrine, my father is dead as of two days ago, succumbing to the virus.

They will never root and become Ancients, will never hear Sedu, will never see Lethe or the universe again.

I am Zoquea Latifolia Ch’Olan Ch’Lily Ch’Nuphar Ch’Brasenia Ch’Lemna Ch’Cerato Ch’Myrio Ch’Typha An’Nymphaea An’Scirpus An’Demersum An’Schreberi An’Lacustrine. I carry their name always with grief.

No comments: